The LandTek Group Inc.
Benefits: Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
The groundskeeper will assist in running the day-to-day field operations at the New York City Football Club training center located in Orangeburg, N.Y.
• Plan and execute maintenance program to insure a safe and professional level playing surface.
• Develop and implement IPM program.
• Calibrate and perform all applications of pesticides and fertilizers.
• Ability to safely operate all types of equipment in turfgrass maintenance including but not limited to mower, tractor, aerifier, and sprayer.
• Perform regular maintenance on equipment.
• Monitor irrigation and soil moisture levels and adjust accordingly.
• Maintain irrigation system and complete minor repairs.
• Perform field testing weekly and supply report to the coaching staff
• Schedule the turf maintenance program to work around the schedule of the team.
• Communication with coaching staff weekly on the condition of the fields as well as any maintenance work that is scheduled.
• Preferred candidate will have a two- or four-year degree in turfgrass management.
• Experience related to sports turf management is a plus
• Preferred candidate will be a Certified Sports Field Manger (CSFM). If not a CSFM certificate holder we will offer guidance into obtaining the certification.
• Working knowledge of the cultural practices required for Kentucky Bluegrass at a professional soccer level.
• Ability to layout and paint soccer field lines.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays.
• Must have a valid and clean driver’s license.
• Must have a current New York pesticide license or obtain one in six months.
• Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
• Candidate to be self-motivated and work independently
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly in both writing and verbally.
• Commensurate with education and experience.