Long Island (Bay Shore, NY):
Benefits: Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
The LandTek Group has been a leader in the construction of athletic fields for professional stadiums, colleges, parks and school districts in NY and NJ for over 25 years and is currently looking to hire site estimators. Our reputation has helped us to be involved in numerous projects throughout the tri-state area. We have been privileged to be a part of several construction projects from professional sports teams to little league fields.
- Coordinate with department personnel establishing the project scope.
- Quantify materials required to accomplish each project.
- Complete project take-offs.
- Provide subcontractors and manufacturers with drawings and specs prior to bid.
- Follow up with subcontractors and manufacturers to ensure receipt of quotes prior to bid.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, if necessary.
- Knowledge of Site Civil construction (Drainage, Concrete, Site Work, and Earthwork), materials and methods.
- Skill in reading and interpreting plans and specification.
- Provide project information to project administrative assistant.
- Prepare initial estimates
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe and other applications. Timberline Software, InSite, AutoCAD and/ or Bid2Win knowledge a plus.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing required.
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems, etc. is essential
- Minimum 4 years previous civil/site construction experience