The LandTek Group Inc.
Jr. Project Manager
Long Island (Bay Shore, NY):
Benefits: Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
A leader in the construction of athletic fields for professional stadiums, colleges, parks, and school districts for over 40 years is looking for an Accounts Payable Associate with a proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of accounts payable. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance.
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Set invoices up for payment
- Enter and upload invoices into system
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Computes weekly recurring payables (i.e. child support) for payment.
- Prepares priority payments for payment (i.e. rents, lease and utility bills)
- Processes Home Depot, Staples, Nextel and EZ Pass Invoices for payment.
- Administers company tickets for payment.
- Codes and enters Wild Woman Invoices in Timberline for payment.
- Performs other accounting tasks upon requests.
Education and/or Experience
- 2-year degree in accounting with 2 years’ experience OR 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with high volume AP
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software and MS Office, Excel a MUST
- Organization and Prioritization
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills