The LandTek Group Inc.
Fleet Maintenance Coordinator
Long Island (Bay Shore, NY):
Benefits: Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
As a Fleet Maintenance Coordinator, you will be responsible for Repair and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
Your specific duties will include but are not limited to:
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance, including driving equipment for road test.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Operates service truck to repair/maintain equipment out in the field.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
As a Fleet Maintenance Coordinator, you will be working in a fast-paced construction environment. The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role maintaining automobiles and heavy machinery.
- Possess an understanding of the construction and agricultural equipment.
- Possess computer diagnostic skills for automobiles and heavy machinery.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a CDL “B” License (preferred).
- Supply his/her own tools.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 150 pounds. The employee must also have the ability to hoist himself up onto heavy equipment and trucks.